As well as providing periodic updates on progress, the roundtables gathered input and support from the Community for the Forum’s work. The January meetings are the first in a series scheduled to take place over the course of the year. Background papers for the roundtables are available online.
“Having the general support of the Payments Community for the Forum’s strategy will be a measure of success. That’s why we will continue to engage the Community regularly to make sure they are kept informed and are able to contribute to the Forum’s work.”
The PSR established the Payments Community to influence the work programme of the Forum. The Community includes people and organisations that have an interest in payment systems and services who have indicated that they would like contribute to shaping the Forum’s work.
To facilitate targeted engagement, the Community has been split into five categories:
- Small Users (consumer representatives, SMEs, etc.)
- Large Users (corporates, government, retailers, etc.)
- Payment Service Providers (banks, building societies, credit unions, agency banks, payment system operators, etc.)
- Technology and Infrastructure providers (infrastructure providers, software suppliers, vendors, aggregators, fintechs, etc.)
- Industry Experts (others, including scheme operators, consultants, etc.).
Participants wishing to register their interest in joining the Payments Community should email: Forum@psr.org.uk.
The roundtables will convene again on the 15 and 16 of March 2016 and the 24 and 25 of May 2016. Invitations will be issued in due course.